Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tories, Labors and Liberal Dems; OH MY!

With all the hubub over the UK elections, I've been trying to pay attention with much interest. On our last phone call Vernon was explaining to me the similarities between 2 of their parties to our Republicans and Democrats.  He answered my questions no matter how stupid they were.  Politics confuse me a bit, mostly because it's all placing blame and empty promises.... so I avoid it at all costs.  I could listen to him all day.  It's probably a combination of his willingness and enjoyment of teaching me something from his world and his hot hot accent which I have mentioned before.  I love it when he explains things to me.  Today we were chatting and he was telling me all about the elections and the different parties and what everyone is promising and what changes need to be made and what people want, you know, pretty much the same thing here.  He never really types very much, (unless he's talking Linux to me) but today he was typing paragraphs and paragraphs to help me understand what's going on in the UK regarding the elections.  I appreciate that very much.  I love that about our chats and conversations, we can discuss politics or how our day went or what's for dinner and feel like we've had a great conversation.  He could easily blow me off, tell me he doesn't feel like talking about it, just say he doesn't know, or put me down for being annoying.  Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vernon and I are in a long distance marriage which started out as a long distance relationship for 14 years. I would love for you to leave a comment on my blog post.