Monday, October 3, 2011

A Saturday Out With Vernon

From the top of the ski jump hill, lens on full zoom.
A day out with Vernon you say?  How is that possible with him being over 3,500 miles away? Well, sometimes I go places and sometimes I'll even force myself to go out so I can take pictures and tell Vernon about it later. Today was a beautiful Fall day so I wanted to go out and take pictures of the fall colors and show them to Vern. Unfortunately we aren't at peak colors yet, I'll have to go out again next weekend and see if they are any brighter, but I went out anyway and took some nice photos and went places I think Vernon would have wanted to go.  I also drove around town appreciating where I live,  and the beautiful day. I took pictures of things Vern might want to see. I think I was out for about three hours, throwing in a few errands here and there. I had a great morning, and then this afternoon was spent on an online video call with Vernon. It's like I spent the entire day with him. Here are the rest of the photos I took while out and about this morning.

Where do you like to go with your Sweetheart when he/she can't be with you?  Do you ever find yourself appreciating things you see every day when you try to see them as if you were experiencing it with that other person? I find myself doing this quite often.

From the top of the ski jump hill, lens on full zoom.

From the top of the ski jump hill. Observation deck to left.

Flagpole at Veteran Memorial at top of ski jump hill.





Mountaineer Stadium

Mountaineer Stadium

Mountaineer Stadium

Menominee River, the border between MI and WI

Menominee River, the border between MI and WI

Menominee River, the border between MI and WI



A small corner grocery store.

5 comments:

  1. I think it's a lovely idea, and I know Veron will appreciate it.
    Unfortunately I am a widow so I am alone full stop, but I do like to go out and take photo's.

    Have a good week.
    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's so beautiful where you are! And this is a lovely idea. My husband and I work on our garden a lot and if he had to go away I would probably send photos of the changes in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good darling, and of course I would have wanted to go with you. I take you everywhere with me too, in my head and my heart, you are always there right by my side. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben and I do this when we're apart: a photo diary or a blog post on our shared blog, to tell the other about our day. You're right, it does feel like the day has been spent with your significant other, which is lovely, considering the distance.

    Vernon's comment reminded me of the e.e. cummings poem:

    i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
    my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
    i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
    by only me is your doing, my darling)
    i fear
    no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
    no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
    and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
    and whatever a sun will always sing is you

    here is the deepest secret nobody knows
    (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
    and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
    higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
    and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

    i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)



    Lovely post, lovely photos. :) Really made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely post! Interestingly, I didn't do that when Jon and I were long-distance, but I remember that when I was fifteen I was totally infatuated with a boy who went to college in my town and when he went back to his home for summer break I would write entire letters to him in my head about what I had been up to since I last saw him! How funny.

    ReplyDelete

Vernon and I are in a long distance marriage which started out as a long distance relationship for 14 years. I would love for you to leave a comment on my blog post.