Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Monthly Milestones - May

Photobucket


May has been a very difficult month for me; full of pain, drugs and feeling useless and bothersome. My being forced to sit for hours on end cooped up in the house has caused me to dive deeper in this thing they call blogging. It all started over a year ago with my friend Ali’s blog. If you check it out, you will see that she is a very creative and talented photographer who has three of the cutest kids you’ve ever seen. I would visit it every so often and thought this was a clever way to keep loved ones up to date on how everyone was doing. Then my amazing friend Kim introduced me to her blog. It’s just simply about happy thoughts, crafting and friendship. It was those two that gave me the inspiration to 1. Start writing again and 2. Create a blog! So, I went out and picked up Blogging For Dummies and began to think.

My blog was going to be a rant. Simply about stuff that pisses me off. I played with a few topics and then came to the conclusion that this world is already full of negativity. I should follow in the footsteps of Ali and Kim and write of positive happy things. Then it hit me… VERNON! It can be a simple blog about us, how we manage a long distance relationship (LDR) and advice for those in an LDR. I also post about our two cultures, travel, entertainment, pop culture and anything I can think of pertaining to our relationship. It started out kind of slow, I really didn’t know what I was doing. Now, for the month of May I have reached 18 followers and just this month I have written 6 posts. I’ve been trying to think of ways to make my blog better and visiting several new blogs a week, introducing myself and making comments. I’ve managed to pick up a few followers this month and it’s so exciting!

I have a basic goal for June. I hope to have at least two more followers and I will continue to follow new blogs and introduce myself and leave lots of comments. I also thought of a really cool idea to improve my blog that I know Vernon will love, but I’m not going to spoil the surprise right now. You all will see in good time.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the Link Love Kim! I was reading your post and I swear that when I read "friend Ali" and "three kids" and "photographer" I was thinking, Ooooo I'd like to visit her blog! I am so backwards sometimes. So glad to have found you through fb and that you are blogging. I love blogs and how they give us a glimpse into others lives. My blog is for my children, I print out every 6 months all that I've posted through Blurb. They are amazing and easy to use. Keep up the good blog work! And my goodness, feel better! Thanks again, I'm blushing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! I have to hand it to you and your honey for surviving a long distance relationship. It's not easy dating a Brit, that's for sure! When do you think you might move? Best wishes for the future!!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kim! Thanks for participating! Well done on your growing blog, I hope you continue with your enthusiasm. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know how it works... happy thoughts lol...Thanks for making me feel good about myself and inspirational to you! I think later today i might have to write a blog about zandvoort, so keep checking....well it could be tomorrow as well, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I for one love reading your blog!! (and I did vote for Sarah and Chris, that video was sooooo cute and clever!!) keep up the good work! You have inspired me to make mine better now too lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. You all are sweet! Thanks for the nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, good luck! blogging does take a bit of commitment I think - but it's totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Vernon and I are in a long distance marriage which started out as a long distance relationship for 14 years. I would love for you to leave a comment on my blog post.