Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Engagement Gift!


Vernon and I got an engagement gift from my parents.  I didn't know people gave engagement gifts.  My parents love Vernon and I am so thankful that they do.  It's important to me that my family accept and love Vernon as part of the family.  They also appreciate the fact that Vernon's parents love and accept me as part of their family so everyone is happy!  It's January 1, 2013 and it's going to be an amazing year!

The gift is a journal where we can document our relationship. It is full of questions and we fill the page by writing our answers and stories.  When completed it will be a keepsake for our kids and grand-kids.  I'm really excited about sitting down with Vernon and completing it little by little.  My whole life I've always loved journals and diaries so I will have a lot of fun with this.


 I've kind of put a hold on wedding plans for the last couple of weeks because Christmas and Heidi being home have taken up my time and thoughts so once she's back at school I will go back to the wedding plans.  I haven't ordered a dress yet, that has come to be a stressful and unenjoyable task and I'm going to have to do that soon.  I found one I like, but I'm worried it wont look right on me.  That will have to be at the top of my list this month.

I'll keep you posted.

I'd be happy to hear about the most difficult part of planning your wedding if you have been married.

1 comment:

  1. It will all be alright!!!! and that's a great gift your parents got you!!!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete

Vernon and I are in a long distance marriage which started out as a long distance relationship for 14 years. I would love for you to leave a comment on my blog post.