Monday, August 1, 2011

Monthly Milestones - July

Photobucket

Another Monthly Milestone post means summer is coming to an end. I'm dreading the snow already. It's been a crappy summer with my knee being all banged up but all I can do is keep on working on it and be very careful.

I had a few things I wanted to accomplish in July. It never happened. No cleaning out the garage or anything like that took place. I'm having enough trouble keeping up with my laundry. I also didn't sign up for a class. I have no money. I'm going to lose my spot in the program if I don't register for school this semester.  I really don't want to lose the progress I've made on my degree but I'm still trying to pay off the heat bill left over from the winter. I really need a class to keep me occupied in the evenings, especially right after Heidi leaves for school which will be the beginning of September. It was an emotional, difficult miserable month. I know I'm supposed to be looking at the positives but I don't see them right now.

What are my goals for August? I don't know? I'm sitting here thinking of the things I want to accomplish and I just want to stay in bed and do nothing. I have my business trip at the end of the month which I'm nervous about because my knee still hurts when I work out. My daughter leaves for college while I'm gone and then I wont see her until either Thanksgiving or Christmas. I don't want to cry as much as I have been lately. It has kind of been a daily thing for me so I guess that's my goal for August, to stop crying so much over nothing.


Maybe I should make a daily list. Nothing major, even if it's just one item I want to accomplish. (Is that still considered a list?) Then when I complete that task or tasks on that list or non-list I will feel a sense of accomplishment and not the miserable loser that I feel like today. I am also going to make sure I work out every day... I'm calling that "Operation Metallica" because I want to be able to stand for the entire Metallica concert at my conference unlike the Stevie Wonder concert at last years conference.


In a sense, I guess I did end up with some goals for August, which will include a trip to the doctor to help me get a handle on whatever is going on with me. My outlet for all things miserable is this blog so don't worry, I'm not going anywhere.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kimberly, so sorry to hear you have not been having a great time lately. I know the money situation is hard when your in an LDR, all your spare income goes to saving for trips. When Heidi goes just remember why she's leaving, she's getting a degree for her future, and if she cares about her education that means you raised her right. Also, I always try to remember at least we have it way better than they did even 50 years ago, what with texting, skype, and cell phones. I like your idea for little daily goals. However, if something feels particularly daunting, don't be afraid to make it a weekly goal or something. I imagine having just one thing to focus on at a time will be very liberating and help you relax a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making lists is a great idea! I'm always cheered up when I check something off - even if it's something as little as "shower" or "make the bed," you know? It really does give you a feeling of accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with betsy - don't be afraid to put the slightest thing on a to-do list. And also don't be afraid to do something, then add it to the list just to cross it straight off - even if it's just 'washing up' & 'laundry', which are regularly on my to-do list! Then at the end of the day you still feel like you've got somewhere. If you have big jibs to do, like clearing out the garage, maybe it would help to break it down into smaller tasks like 'sort out 2 boxes' or ... well, I don't know what's in your garage but I'm sure you get the idea.
    I hope next month goes better for you. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Vernon and I are in a long distance marriage which started out as a long distance relationship for 14 years. I would love for you to leave a comment on my blog post.